Health and Quality of Life Outcomes is recruiting Associate Editors. As the growth of the journal continues, we must also ensure that it is able to cope with increased submissions on key topics whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas pertaining to health-related quality of life (HRQOL), as well as experience in various analytical methods and approaches to HRQOL.
Health and Quality of Life Outcomes is an internationally renowned open access journal publishing contemporary research on issues related to HRQOL. The Editors-in-Chief, Dr Mark Oremus and Dr Oliver Rivero-Arias, recently published an Editorial describing their collective vision for the journal and their focus on the editorial process for authors, editors and reviewers.
Oremus M & Rivero-Arias O. The way forward to a renewed and improved Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 19, 109 (2021).
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are engaged and are willing to handle a minimum of three manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
You should hold an Associate Professor or similar academic post and have a minimum of fifty research papers published in reputable peer-review journals, including a track-record of relevant peer-review publications in applied and/or methodological work around HRQOL.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Editor, your contribution to the journal would involve joining an international board of academic Editors who are responsible for checking the suitability of manuscripts within their field of expertise and guiding them through the peer review, revision and publication processes. The core responsibilities of an Associate Editor lie in two main areas: manuscript review and preparation, and journal advocacy.
Manuscript review and preparation
- The Associate Editor handles new manuscripts assigned to them by the Editors-in-Chief, ensuring peer review is swift, thorough and efficient, and that appropriate peer reviewers are selected.
- The Associate Editor ensures comments from peer-review are incorporated into the manuscript appropriately and that the authors’ work is described as clearly and completely as necessary.
- The Associate Editor ensures all manuscripts recommended for acceptance meet the standards and scope of the journal.
- The Associate Editor is an ambassador for the Journal in their field, encouraging submissions and highlighting the ethos, scope and aims of the Journal.
- Where called upon, the Associate Editor assists the Editors-in-Chief in preparing and executing strategies to develop the journal:
- Associate Editors are encouraged to act as Guest Editor for collections and thematic series, ensuring the journal maintains relevance to key and emerging fields in HRQOL.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.
Furthermore, as an Associate Editor, you will have access to a limited number of APC fee waivers for submissions to the journal, as well as a one-year complimentary digital subscription to Nature. You will also have access to an exclusive community of editors, led by Dr. Ritu Dhand (Chief Scientific Officer, Springer Nature Group), which shares insight, experience and training for your editorial role.