In the last month, did helping [SP] ever …|
• Keep you from visiting in person with friends or family not living with you?
• Keep you from religious services?
• Keep you from participating in club meetings or group activities?
• Keep you from going out for enjoyment?
• Keep you from working for pay?
• Keep you from doing volunteer work?
• Keep you from providing care for a child or other adult?
|Negative Emotional Burden|
Thinking about the last month, how often did you … .|
• Feel bored?
• Feel lonely?
• Feel upset?
Over the last month, how often have you … .|
• Had little interest or pleasure in doing things?
• Felt down, depressed, or hopeless?
• Felt nervous, anxious, or on edge?
• Been unable to stop or control worrying?
• I gave up trying to improve my life a long time ago.|
• I often feel lonely because I have few close friends.
• How much does [SP] argue with you?|
• How often does [SP] get on nervous?
• Helping older relatives can be difficult. Is helping [SP] emotionally difficult for you?
|Positive Emotional Benefit|
• My life has meaning and purpose.|
• In general, I feel confident and good about myself
• I like my living situation very much.
• I have an easy time adjusting to changes.
• I get over (recover from) illness and hardship quickly.
Thinking about the last month, how often did you …|
• Feel cheerful?
• Feel calm and peaceful?
• Feel full of life?
• How much do you enjoy being with [SP]?|
• How much does [SP] appreciate what you do for them?
• Helping [SP] has made you more confident about your abilities.|
• Helping [SP] has taught you how to deal difficult situations.
• Helping [SP] has brought you closer to them.
• Helping [SP] gives you satisfaction that they are well cared for.