|Initial questionnaire item(s) presented to focus groups||Final questionnaire item(s) after iterative changes|
|3. I am restricted in my family life. For example: child care, family responsibilities.||
6. My family life – how it affects me. For example: caring for children, family responsibilities.|
7. My family life – how it affects others. For example: others taking time off work, problems with childcare, family members becoming upset.
|10. I worry about my asthma and treatment in the future. For example, asthma getting worse, long term side effects of medicines.||
11. Worry that asthma may get worse. For example, medicines no longer help, more frequent attacks.|
12. Long term side effects of medicines. For example, cataracts, diabetes, bone fracture.
|12. My sleep is disturbed. For example, difficulty going to sleep, being woken very easily, waking often at night.||14. Problems at night. For example, difficulty going to sleep, being woken very easily, waking often at night.|
13. I dislike the way I look. For example, I don’t like my weight, my skin bruises easily.|
15. I get embarrassed. For example, I don’t like using my medicines in public, I don’t like having asthma symptoms in public.
|15. The way I look. For example, my weight, my skin bruises easily, using medicines in public, other people judging me.|